Monday, May 4, 2009

Marathon Mommy

All of the time, effort, training, blisters, and Saturday mornings resulted in success!
26.2 MILES
Grace, Robin and I finished the race and lived to tell about it.
The most difficult task I've ever tackled.
(Yes, that includes giving birth. But then again, I had a C-section.)
The first part of the race was terrific, but miles 13-20 nearly killed me. In the end, during those last six (don't forget the point two) miles, it came down to Mary Mary songs playing on the iPod while I praised God for the lessons he had taught me about commitment over the past few months.
It was a very humbling experience, indeed.
His Grace abounds, even on a hot and sweaty Nashville afternoon.

2 comments:

Anna said...

So proud of you Ashley! Way to go! It must feel great to reach such a big goal.

The Rutland Family said...

Girl, you are my hero!!!! I am so proud of you! You are amazing! I love you very much and can't wait to hear more details!!!