Monday, November 24, 2008

Show-off!

So, yesterday we went to my parents' house to have Thanksgiving dinner with my dad's side of the family. When we arrived, everyone crowded around Annika in the kitchen to see how much she had changed since their last visit. Aunt Blanche made the comment, "She's probably running around like crazy these days, huh?" I replied, "No, she isn't walking yet." Then I turned around to unpack our food and heard everyone gasp and cheer. When Geoff put her down and let go of her hands, she walked to my mom! I'm convinced that Annika took her first steps just to prove me wrong! Of course, we spent the rest of the afternoon getting her to do it over and over again.
As long as we kept clapping, she kept walking!
She had a few falls when she dove toward her destination!
When we left my parents' house, we took an old friend with us. My mother recently went through our childhood toys and kept the ones that were still in pretty good shape. My brother and I used to play with this Fisher Price farm when we were little. Along with the A-frame house, school, and construction site, it provided us hours of entertainment. As you can see, Annika loved playing with it, too. She especially enjoyed putting the construction worker in the tractor seat. (He must have escaped from the construction site that stayed at Nanny and Pop's house!)

1 comment:

Anna said...

How exciting for Annika! Now she is really going to keep you busy.

I love that your parents kept toys that you and your brother used to play with! I bet Annika will also get hours of entertainment from it.