Friday, October 2, 2009

All things birthday


Annika turned two last weekend. I can't believe that this precious, tiny baby in the picture above can now talk, sing, dance, run, laugh hysterically, feed the dogs, and help me cook.

She delights us every single day!
We celebrated with a party last weekend. When asked what she wanted at her party, she yelled, "Cupcakes!" So, we started with this invitation from Paperlicious:





We then made cupcakes from a recipe in I Like You by Amy Sedaris.



We used the homemade cupcakes for our cupcake tree and the boxed "Funfetti" ones for the Decorate your own Cupcake station.



My mother-in-law, Lily, made these adorable cupcake decorations from toddler socks. They were the perfect addition!

Banks, Knox, and Annika fit a lot of sprinkles on their cupcakes!


The guests' bags were decorated with cupcake stickers.


We played "Stick the Candles on the Cupcake" for entertainment.


And of course, Annika's favorite part, opening presents. I am proud to say that she said thank you after opening every single one!



Daddy, Annika, and Mommy on a sugar high!



2 comments:

Anna said...

I love all the pictures! I can't believe she is already 2! Where has time gone?

What a sweet and precious party! I love her t-shirt.

FunnyGirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.