Saturday, October 10, 2009

Lucky me



My husband is quiet, laid back, neat, shy, and (sometimes painfully) honest.
I, on the other hand, am gregarious, intense, a self-proclaimed "stacker of stuff", and (sometimes painfully) a white liar. (You know, just enough to protect people's feelings!!!)

I would be (white) lying if I didn't say that the aforementioned qualities of my dear husband don't drive me crazy. For instance, last Sunday I got out two boxes of fall/winter clothes from the attic to switch out my closet. Monday morning they had already been placed back in the attic beore I had the chance to switch the clothes. Now, that's really being obsessively neat, right???


And sometimes, when we're at parties, I get annoyed if I see him checking soccer scores instead of engaging in conversation with strangers.
He was so shy on our first (blind) date that he avoided looking at me for the first 20 or so minutes.
And if you want an honest opinion if your butt looks big in that skirt, then he's your man.

This weekend, my parents are keeping Annika so that Geoff and I could attend Cindy's Big Birthday Bash last night. Over the past 24 hours, I have been reminded of all of his endearing qualities that made me fall in love with him after that first (blind) date.


He is a very sharp dresser. Really, you should have seen him last night.

He prepares a four course meal every weekend for the two of us after Butterbean goes to bed.

He is (sometimes painfully) honest about all of the things that other men avoid discussing.

He makes really good friends over time.

He is the funniest, if sometimes inappropriate, man I know.


I'm one lucky gal.







5 comments:

Anna said...

Lucky indeed!

Your mention of checking scores is right on for Bryce too.. although it could really be anything from the weather on! It drives me CRAZY!!

Is Cindy's Big Birthday Bash to celebrate our Cindy?? I have to admit that my heart dropped a bit when I read that. I hate missing out!

Elizabeth said...

That's lovely. And it's funny how similar he sounds to Husband. We were talking about you two today because it looks like we're coming back to Atlanta at the end of the year (haven't formally announced it yet) and I said that the four of us (and the short people, too) should get together. I'd love to catch up and all visit, plus the boys can speak Norsk...

FunnyGirl said...

@Girlfrog: Yes, our Cindy. It wasn't exactly a "big bash", but a night out on the town qualifie as big in our book! We are actually going to the mtns in two weeks to celebrate her in style. Just drive down and join us!

@Elizabeth: It's funny because I thought the same thing reading one of your recent posts. We are gone Dec. 20-28th; please tell me we're not going to miss each other again! We'll be back in Norge next July, so I'm planning a visit to Stavanger. . .

Elizabeth said...

We won't miss each other because when I said "coming back to Atlanta," I mean for good (unless something BIG changes, which is highly unlikely right now...) And it will likely be sometime in mid-December, so there will be plenty of time for making plans...I'll keep you posted on the details, but I hope we can visit soon!

Tank said...

"Sometimes" inappropriate? That may be the understatement of the year...