Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Now that's a bright idea!

Butterbean is quite the chatterbox when she's in the car (or her room, or the kitchen, or outside, or basically anywhere).
On the way home from school yesterday she said, "Mommy, turn off the heat." I told her that I didn't have the heat on, but the air conditioner was on to cool off the car. She replied with, "No, I mean turn off the heat outside." I explained to her that I couldn't turn it off because it was coming from the sun.
Her response? "Well, mom, we need a big ladder."
Since I recently posted about "Letting Go", I've decided to let go of using this unbearable heat as an excuse. I began training for the Denver Half-Marathon yesterday, and it was a rough beginnning. Those first three miles of the training schedule felt like the complete thirteen with the point one thrown in on top.
But, you know what? I did it anyway.
Here are some other things I'm letting go of this week because they are outside my hula hoop of control:
1. The fact that I still don't have an official offer from HR for the Instructional Coach job at my school, though my principal recommended me for it.
2. Speaking of hula hoops, I'm letting go of the fact that I can no longer hula hoop. Ms. Taura, Butterbean's super model summer camp teacher, was rocking one yesterday afternoon. My waist is officially too thick to do this anymore. So what?
3. My obsession with limiting my consumption of all things dairy. ( You might think that this is actually within my control, but it's not-I swear!) I heart cheese. I will eat more veggies and run more. Hopefully, this will balance out my cheese intake.
4. My guilt for not "friending" everyone who asks on Facebook and for not returning emails as quickly as I should.
As for you, you should let go of a few things this week.
And embrace the heat, you'll miss it next January!

No comments: